So, I recently have been to Alibaug for a weekend gateway and totally enjoyed every bit of it. It was indeed a much needed break given the busy travel schedule that I’ve been facing lately. So, given that I was going to visit a beach, it was out of sheer excitement that I packed all my swim/beach wear for a two day stay there. But alas, my beach ware never got to see the daylight in Alibaug! Though a beach, the mindset of people there, unlike in Goa is too conservative and hence my apprehensions in wearing the conventional swimwear. Even tying up a more conservative form of beach ware which is the sarong, didn’t feel that comfortable. But it being a beach, obviously I was in no mood to settle down for a plain jane jeans and tee either and hence had to settle midway.
And this is when this simple chic dress came to my rescue – A bright orange kaftan-ish midi length dress. The flowy silhouette of this dress ensured that I was all comfortable in my skin and at the same time not drifting away from my stylish self.. 🙂 Kept my accessories to the least possible while the only crown I wore was my wavy hair. Just a pair of flats and a broad smile to complete the look. 🙂 🙂
So, here’s a couple of DO’s and DONT’s for the beach look:
– Do NOT wear layers of makeup and it will only make you feel greasy due to the high moisture content in the air
– Bold Lips & well shaped eyebrows is all you need to make your face.
– A good block will only do you good.
– “Less is More” shall be your key to accessorizing your beach look. Do not go too over board with it as it will only tend to weigh you down. A good pair of shades is the only accessory perfect for the beach, we suggest!
– Free Flowy silhouettes will be your best friend on the beach. Also, strictly only sticks to light materials.
– “Messy Hair Don’t Care” should be your attitude when it comes to your beach look.
And yeah, don’t forget to put on a big smile and bring out the kid in you to look your best while you enjoy the waves.. 🙂
Hope you guys enjoyed the post and thanks a lot for stopping by and next time you’re in alibaug, do visit this restaurant called “Bohemeyan Blu” – it’s worth a try and besides they have this cool Designer Store where you can shop too… 🙂 Until then…
Loads of Love,
:: wearing :: Dress, #thrifted (Galleria in Powai) | Sandals, #streetstylestore.com |